To provide managers with an in-depth understanding of Activity Log Comment templates, how to create them, and apply the templates for multiple communities for staff to use.
You will first assign Template Admin roles to your community managers. Once the role has been assigned, managers with that role can create templates, apply it to multiple communities, and add quick responses to their activity log updates.
What is a template?
A template is a predefined response that can be applied to ticket comments across all your communities.
Setup Administrative Roles
Before a manager can start to use the templates, they will need to be assigned the Template Admin role in Pilera. The Template Admin role can manage templates in the communities that they are assigned/linked to. Note that only the Company Admins can assign managers the Template Admin role. You can follow these steps:
- Navigate to “Settings” at the top of your screen and click on “User Roles Administration”.
- Click on the “Manage Company Roles” tab.
- In the “Users With The Role” drop-down, click on “Template Admin”.
- In the “Add a User to This Role” text box, enter in the name of the manager to be added to this role. Then click “Add User”.
How to Access Your Templates
- Navigate to the Settings drop-down at the top of your screen and click on “Templates”. A new browser window will open with the Templates administration page, as seen below:
- Click on the “Add Comment” button to create a new activity log comments template.
- In the Content tab, fill in the information as shown below:
- Subject - This is the title of the response which will appear in the quick add ticket in the drop-down (shown in the next section).
- Content - This is the detailed information that will show in the expanded ticket view (shown in the next section).
- Description - The description is an internal comment within the templates area that is provided for guidance purposes. This will not be shown in the expanded ticket view.
- Allow User to Modify (Yes/No) - The Template Admin creating this template can specify whether others can modify the template in the ticket area or not.
- Click on the Communities tab to select which communities this work order quick add ticket response should show up in. Once done, click “Ok”.
- Now that you have created activity log template responses, it is now just a one-click process to add the predefined response to your activity log ticket.
- In the manager portal, navigate to the Tickets tab and click on Activity Logs.
- Click on any activity log that has already been created.
- Click on the “Add Comment/Change Status/Assign” button.
- In the Quick Add Comment drop-down, click on the predefined response that you want to be shown in the comments. The comment, which is the content box that you have filled in the Templates area, will appear. We also show whether the comment can be modified or not. In the sample shown below, the comment cannot be modified and thus the textbox is greyed out. If the Template Admin has specified that the comment can be modified, managers updating the ticket can modify the comment in the textbox.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- The comment will now display in the ticket history as shown below.
The Activity Log Comments template helps your company save time in updating tickets across your portfolio. These predefined responses eliminate the manual input of redundant information as managers and staff manage support requests across all their communities.